Spring is slowly approaching and thoughts of summer love are in the air. The weather on Monday had the streets flooded with smiles and hand holding. So below are our suggestions for 5 places to bring that special someone:
1. Frying Pan: This is just a great bar in general. If you are a local New Yorker chances are you have been here, and you love it. Located right off of the west side highway, the bar opens up at the sight of summer. Come here on a date and share a bucket of beer while you watch the sun set on the Hudson. Yeah, sounds romantic…exactly.
2. Eataly: This place is semi new to Manhattan. Located right near the flatiron building, Eataly offers its guests a chance to enjoy wine in a different kind of setting. In the heart of Eataly is an area called “LaPiazza”. I often see couples tasting wine and enjoying the crudo menu. If your date is a foodie, then this place is perfection.
3. Central Park: This is a tried and true date spot. If your date is into fitness, go for a run together. Sit on a blanket and relax on the great lawn. Get an ice cream cone and watch the street performers. Day dates are great, and central park knows how to facilitate that. The romance is there, it’s up to you to bring the charm!
4. Ace Bar: This is for the non-intimidating date spot. This is a pretty divey bar, however it is still fun. They have skee-ball there, and the drinks are pretty cheap. Nothing like a little healthy competition on a date and to get the conversations rolling. Plus, if you get hungry you can walk over to Pommes Frites and enjoy their epic fries.
5. The not blind date-blind date: Simply put- tell your date to just meet you at a random location. Don’t tell them the plan, but just be open to having fun. Bring them to a few different restaurants and do dinner all around town. Stop by places like Beauty & Essex and enjoy a few tapas. Then walk over to S’mac and nibble on some mac and cheese. Grab coffee at theRoasting Plant and take a stroll down The High line. The suspense of not knowing where you are going will keep your date on their toes.
Jessi Marquez writes the social life blog “As Good As Its Guests,” which can be found at www.asgoodasitsguests.com.