Whether you’ve been around for the debut or caught up on all 10 seasons through DVDs, the internet or reruns, we have ALL seen Friends. Arguably one of the most iconic shows had an iconic coffee shop.
Remember Central Perk?! Of course you do! Funny, 20 years since the premiere of Friends and gone since 2004, we’re finally able to visit the coffee shop where Rachel worked and was abused by Gunther. Speaking of which, you can see James Michael Tyler aka Central Perk’s infamously deadpan barista, “Gunther” when you check out the Pop Up Coffee shop! Other events and things of note going on in include:
– Photo ops on the re-created Central Perk set, including the actual orange couch from the show — perfect for “sofa selfies”
– Weekly in-store performances akin to Phoebe’s improvised songs; who can forget “Smelly Cat”?
– Contests and giveaways throughout the month, featuring prizes that include Friends on Blu-ray™ and DVD (all 10 seasons!), the limited-edition Central Perk Roast from Eight O’Clock Coffee, branded gift packs, and more!
– Friends-themed merchandise and Eight O’Clock Coffee’s Central Perk Roast and other bagged varieties available for purchase in-store at Central Perk
– Special activities and giveaways in conjunction with Eight O’Clock Coffee at Central Perk on September 29, celebrating National Coffee Day
We’re totally serious! This is happening and you can be a part of it at 199 Lafayette Street (at the corner of Broome Street) in SoHo. It will be a fully functioning coffee shop where FREE COFFEE will be served. Fan or not, this is something to see. Check it out…the hours are Mondays–Fridays, 8:00 am–8:00 pm, and Saturdays–Sundays, 10:00 am–8:00 pm.