at Ashawagh Hall (780 Springs Fireplace Road, East Hampton)
As always, a delight for children, gourmands, shoppers and art lovers alike. It fills the grounds at Ashawagh Hall .
Ashawagh is the American Indian word for “place where two roads come together,” which is perfect to describe the location of this community center in the Springs section of East Hampton, where Fireplace Road meets Old Stone Highway. The Springs Improvement Society chose the name when it purchased the old school building in 1909 for a dollar.
As it was then, the hall is rented out for local parties and gatherings. Many art shows and fundraisers set up here. Now, a full-service kitchen, recently renovated bathrooms and open spaces with wood floors are available for use.
A monument honoring those from Springs who served in the Civil and First World War was erected just outside the hall in 1925 as a gift from the Indawandawin Club, a group of women from the area who held an annual fair where they sold their home sewn items. The names of those who have served in World War II, Korea and Vietnam have since been added.
Today Ashawagh Hall is host to Art Shows and Community Events such as the annual FIsherman’s Fair.
For more information, contact email@example.com.