Congratulations! You just about made it through the holiday season. While you’re not out of the woods yet, there is one more event before closing the books on 2018. Good, bad or indifferent, there is no reason to not go out strong or come into 2019 guns blazing! You earned it. Heck, you attended more family functions in the past 30 days than you did all of 2018, explained why you’re still single and managed to gain 15 pounds in the process! Party. Deserved.
As much fun as the last night of the year can be, it adds a layer of stress that most don’t feel like dealing with. While we would love to come in and save the day, it’s a matter of personal preference and we cant cover all of our bases. However, we’re happy to cast a wide net to help give you some ideas. If you ask anyone in our offices, they are likely shot from a year full of parties and ready to make it a quiet night with friends and family. Again, that’s coming from a team that spends their days finding fun and participating in every discovery. For the ‘normal folk’, here are five ideas that you may want to consider as you bid farewell to 2018 and look for all of your hopes and dreams in the new year.
1. Robin Thicke LIVE in Concert: Toast New Year’s 2019 at Marriott Marquis NYC Times Square’s Top-Rated Event With Fantastic Views Of The Ball Drop with Robin Thicke. Visit marquisnewyearseve.com for more information and tickets.
2. Metropolis: The City of Tomorrow: Appropriately located in Times Square; this sleek and stylish bash is held inside a 100-year-old theater has been transformed into a high-tech music venue. In addition to a five-hour open bar, the futuristic extravaganza will feature a stacked lineup of DJs, robot servers, burlesque performers and, when the ball drops, an elaborate champagne toast. Visit sonyhall.com for more information and tickets.
3. New Year’s Eve Luau: The weather blows but New York is the place to be. How about if you could have it all. Well, you can! Sort of. The Polynesian welcomes revelers to its island paradise for a night of tiki cocktails, hors d’oeuvres and a scrumptious pig roast. Shake your grass skirt and coconut bra to live music. Visit thepolynesiantiki.com for more information and tickets.
4. New Year’s Eve Ride: If you think that New Years Eve is too boozy and too expensive, well then consider something that is healthy and free! The free night-ride event, which will take you from midtown to to the Lower East Side to ring in the New Year. Bring your bike to the Plaza Hotel (9:30pm), Brooklyn entrance of the Williamsburg Bridge (9:30pm) or Madison Square Park (10pm) for a group ride under the stars before heading to TIME’S UP’s Musical After-Party at the Museum of Reclaimed Urban Space. For more information, visit times-up.org.
5. The Illuminati Ball: An event with this title could only be in Brooklyn! The most thrilling, surreal, unique and immersive New Year’s Eve masquerade ball in the world. Indulge in a surreal and unforgettable experience this New Year’s Eve where you’ll be led through an exploration of the myth and mystery of the Illuminati by sirens and sailors, mermaids and sacred cows, barons and baronesses. Explore your deepest desires with daring aerial, fearless fire, and provocative dance and interactive experiences unfolding continuously throughout three sprawling floors in a massive, stunning monument to wealth and prosperity, Weylin. For more information and tickets, visit: theilluminatiball.com.
6*. We told you that we would be recommending five ideas. However, we forgot to mention the obvious – Times Square! Probably not an option for the native New Yorkers, but had to put it out there. If you are thinking about going, we recommend visiting the official Times Square Website to see how it all work (including going to the bathroom).
As we close the books, we want to thank you for all of your support in 2018 and cant wait to achieve greatness with all of you in 2019. Have a happy, healthy and safe New Years Eve. Cheers!
-The New York Events Team